Dr. James Bashkin
NanoVir, LLC. co-founder Dr. James Bashkin is also research associate professor of chemistry and biochemistry at the University of Missouri, St. Louis where he also established a chemistry research group with funding from the National Institutes of Health and NanoVir, LLC. In addition to his research and corporate leadership within NanoVir, he is an international consultant, a member of the American Chemical Society and a member of the editorial advisory board for Chemical Reviews. Dr. Bashkin received his chemistry doctorate from Oxford University in 1982. He shared the Presidential Green Chemistry Challenge Award from President Clinton for his work in the area of "Green Chemistry" which was credited for setting the standard for pollution prevention in the automobile tire industry. Dr. Bashkin held positions at Washington University, Monsanto, and Pfizer prior to founding NanoVir with Dr. Fisher in 2003.
Photo credit to August Jenewein
- 03/31/2011 Radio Interview with Chris Fisher on The Doctor’s Radio Show
- 08/10/10 - Kalamazoo-based NanoVir receives $3 million NIH grant
- 05/11/10 - NanoVir scientists awarded $1.83 million NIH grant
- 06/02/08 - NanoVir, LLC Receives $3M Preclinical Development NIAID Grant
- 11/11/07 - NanoVir Scientific Director Speaks at Beijing Conference